Joshua 1:8 "This book of the law shall not depart out of your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it: for then you shall make your way prosperous, and then you shall have good success."
You want to ask three questions:
- What does this passage reveal about God? (God in a nutshell)
- What does it reveal about myself? (Us in a nutshell)
- What does it tell me about the relationship between the two (God and me)?
These questions lead to two more:
- What can I expect of God?
- What does He expect of me?