Ezekiel's Greatest Hits Pt 1

Ezekiel's Greatest Hits Part 1 © 2014 WF Cobb Truthbase.net DailyTruthbase.Blogspot.com

I. God's Glory is Expressed in His Rulership and Judgment Ex 34:5-7 name...mercy...grace...hesed...forgive...punish
1:4 whirlwind was coming out of the north, a great cloud with raging fire engulfing itself; and brightness was all around it and radiating out...out of the midst of the fire. 10 each had the face of a man; lion, ox, eagle. 26 over their heads was the likeness of a throne, on the throne was a likeness with the appearance of a man high above it. 28...This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the LORD. 10:2 "Go in among the wheels, under the cherub, fill your hands with coals of fire from among the cherubim, and scatter them over the city." 4 Then the glory of the LORD went up from the cherub, and paused over the threshold of the temple;
Rev 8:5 Then the angel took the censer, filled it with fire from the altar, and threw it to the earth. And there were noises, thunderings, lightnings, and an earthquake. 6 So the seven angels who had the seven trumpets prepared themselves to sound.

II. God Warns the Rebellious to Repent and Return to a Relationship with Him James 5:19-20 one among you wanders
2:1 "Son of man, stand on your feet, and I will speak to you." 2 Then the Spirit entered me when He spoke to me, and set me on my feet; and I heard Him who spoke to me. 3 I am sending you to the children of Israel, to a rebellious nation that has rebelled against Me 4 For they are obstinate and strong willed children. I am sending you to them, and you shall say to them, 'Thus says the Lord GOD.' 5 As for them, whether they hear or whether they refuse - for they are a rebellious house - yet they will know that a prophet has been among them. 8 But you, son of man, hear what I say to you. Do not be rebellious like that rebellious house; open your mouth and eat what I give you." 3:3 fill your stomach with this scroll that I give you." So I ate; it was like honey in sweetness. 6 (foreigners) would listen to you. 7 But the house of Israel will not listen to you, because they will not listen to Me; all are obstinate and hard-hearted

3:17 "Son of man, I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel (33:7); therefore hear a word from My mouth, and give them warning from Me: 18 When I say to the wicked, 'You shall surely die,' and you give him no warning, nor speak to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life, that same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood I will require at your hand. 19 Yet, if you warn the wicked, and he does not turn from his wickedness, nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but you have delivered your soul. 20 "Again, when a righteous man turns from his righteousness and commits iniquity, and I lay a stumbling block before him, he shall die; because you did not give him warning, he shall die in his sin, and his righteousness which he has done shall not be remembered; but his blood I will require at your hand. 21 Nevertheless if you warn the righteous man that the righteous should not sin, and he does not sin, he shall surely live because he took warning; also you will have delivered your soul." cf 18:20-25

III. God Justly Repays According to Our Ways 2 Cor 5:9-10 we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ...
7:3 I will send My anger against you; I will judge you according to your ways, and I will repay you for all your abominations. 4 My eye will not spare you, Nor will I have pity; But I will repay your ways, and your abominations will be in your midst; Then you shall know that I am the LORD!' 8 "Son of man, dig into the wall" 10 So I went in and saw every sort of creeping...all the idols 11 stood before them seventy men of the elders...incense went up. 12 they say, 'The LORD does not see us, the LORD has forsaken the land.' "

IV. God Graciously Guards and Regathers Those He Disciplines Heb 12:5-11 profit...partake of His holiness...
11:16 although I have scattered them among the nations, yet I shall be a little sanctuary for them in the countries where they have gone
17 I will gather you...I will give you the land of Israel. 18 go there, and they will take away all its detestable...abominations 19 Then I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within them, and take the stony heart out of their flesh, and give them a heart of flesh, 20 that they may walk in My statutes and keep My judgments and do them; and they shall be My people, and I will be their God. 21 But as for those whose hearts follow the desire for their detestable things and their abominations, I will recompense their deeds on their own heads," says the Lord GOD. 23 the glory of the LORD went up from the midst of the city and stood on the mountain, which is on the east side of the city.
12:2 dwell...rebellious house, which has eyes to see but does not see, and ears to hear but does not hear; for they are a rebellious house

V. God Relents when We Repent; but Requires Transformed Values and Actions for Righteousness Romans 12:1-2
14:14 Even if these three, Noah, Daniel, and Job, were in it, they would deliver only themselves by their righteousness," says Lord GOD.

18:26 When a righteous man turns away from his righteousness, commits iniquity, and dies in it, it is because of the iniquity which he has done that he dies. 27 Again, when a wicked man turns away from the wickedness which he committed, and does what is lawful and right, he preserves himself alive. 28 Because he considers and turns away from all the transgressions which he committed, he shall surely live; he shall not die. 29 Yet the house of Israel says, 'The way of the Lord is not fair.' O house of Israel, is it not My ways which are fair, and your ways which are not fair? 30 "Therefore I will judge you, O house of Israel, every one according to his ways," says the Lord GOD. "Repent, and turn from all your transgressions, so that iniquity will not be your ruin. 31 Cast away from you all the transgressions which you have committed, and make yourselves a new heart and a new spirit. For why should you die, O house of Israel? 32 For I have no pleasure in the death of one who dies," says the Lord GOD. "Therefore turn and live!"

Questions for Reflection/Discussion/Response:
1. From where do most people get their concept of God and His glory? What is the essence of His glory? Why would He localize His glory?
2. Why would someone rebel against a God who gives them peace and prosperity? What's the attraction of worshipping idols?
3. How does a watchperson warn and win his/her hearers? What causes people to repent of evil and folly? What helps/hinders? (Mt 28:19-20)
4. What do you have to do make yourself a new heart and a new spirit? Isn't this something God does? (Jer 31:31; Rom 12:1-2)
5. How did you do things for the glory of God last week? How will God be glorified by your life this upcoming week? (1Cor 10:31)

No comments:

Post a Comment