Messianic Prophecies Isaiah Pt 2


Messianic Prophecies Isaiah Pt 2 © 2012 WF Cobb Truthbase.net DailyTruthbase.Blogspot.com
I. Hope is given so we will trust God rather than X. Isa 26:3...perfect peace, the mind stayed on You, because he trusts in You. 4 Trust in Yahweh forever, for in Yah...
II. Light is given so we can walk in it. Jn 8:12 I am the light...follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life"
III.The Spirit is given so we can live in Him. Gal 5:25 If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit.

IV. Warning is given so we can repent/be rewarded Mk 1:15 time fulfilled, kingdom of God is at hand. Repent, and believe the gospel Lk 3:10
Isa 40:3 voice of one crying in the wilderness: Prepare the way of the Lord; make straight in the desert a highway for our God. 5 the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it; for the mouth of the Lord has spoken. 8 The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God stands forever." 10 Behold, the Lord God shall come with a strong hand, and his arm shall rule for him; behold, his reward is with him, and his recompense before him. 11 he will feed his flock like a shepherd; he will gather the lambs...and gently lead those who are with young.

1Pt 1:22 Since you have purified your souls by obeying the truth thru the Spirit for a sincere love of the brethren, love one another fervently with a pure heart, 23 having been born again...by the word of God which lives and abides forever (Isa 40:6-8) 25 word...the gospel...preached to you.

V. A Servant is given to do the just will of God 1Pt 4:2 he no longer should live...for the lusts of men, but for the will of God.
42:1 My servant whom I uphold, my elect one in whom my soul delights! I have put my Spirit upon him; he will bring forth justice to the Gentiles 2...he will bring forth justice (1:17) in truth. 4 he will not fail nor be discouraged, till he has established justice in the earth; and the isaland shall wait for his law. 6 I, the Lord, have called you in righteousness, and will hold your hand; I will keep you and give you as a covenant to the people, as a light to the Gentiles, 7 to open blind eyes, to bring out prisoners from the prison, those who sit in darkness from the prison house.
49:1 islands take heed. The Lord has called me from the womb 3 "you are my servant, O Israel, in whom I will be glorified.' 4 Then I said, 'I have labored in vain...yet surely my just reward is with the Lord, and my recompense with my God. 5 The Lord who formed me from the womb to be his servant, to bring Jacob back to him, so that Israel is gathered to him 6 he says,...my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved ones of Israel; 50:10 who among you fears the Lord? Who obeys the voice of his servant? Who walks in darkness and has no light? Let him trust in the name of the Lord and rely upon his God.

VI. A Savior is given so we can have a righteous relationship w/ God 59:2 your iniquities have separated you from your God 53:4 surely he has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows; yet we esteemed him stricken, smitten by God, and afflicted. 5 but he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement for our peace was upon him, and by his stripes we are healed. 6 all we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned, every one, to his own way; and the Lord has laid on him the iniquity of us all. 8 Who will declare his generation? For he was cut off from the land of the living; for the transgressions of my people he was stricken. 10 yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he has put him to grief. When you make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand. 11 he shall see the labor of his soul, and be satisfied. By his knowledge my righteous servant shall justify many, for he shall bear their iniquities. 12 therefore I will divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong, because he poured out his soul unto death...
57:15 For thus says the High and Lofty One who inhabits eternity, whose name is Holy: "I dwell in the high and holy place, with him who has a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones.
59:20 redeemer will come to Zion, and to those who turn from transgression in Jacob 21 Spirit upon you...my words...shall not depart

1Pt 2:24-25 he bore our sins in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sin and live to righteousness; for by his wounds you were healed.

VII. Glory is given so we can glorify God Jn 17:4 I have glorified You on the earth. I have finished the work You gave Me to do.
60:1 Your light has come! the glory of Yahweh is risen upon you. 2 His glory will be seen upon you...9...He has glorified you. (1Th 4:14)
61:1 The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me, Lord has anointed me to preach good tidings to the humble; to heal the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to those who are bound; 2 to proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord///and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all who mourn 3 console Zion, to give beauty...joy;...they may be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that he may be glorified." 4 they shall rebuild the old ruins 7 double honor 9...All shall acknowledge people who...Lord has blessed
62:11 Say to the daughter of Zion: your salvation is coming His reward is with Him, and His recompense before Him. (Lk 4:18-21)

65:2 I have stretched out My hands all day long to a rebellious people, who walk in a way that is not good, acc to their own thoughts;
17 I create new heavens and a new earth; and the former shall not be remembered or come to mind. (Rev 21)

66:2 I look: on him who is poor and of a contrite spirit, who trembles at My word. 3 Just as they have chosen their own ways, and their soul delights in their abominations, 4 So will I choose their delusions, and bring their fears on them; because, when I called, no one answered, when I spoke they did not hear; but they did evil and chose that in which I do not delight. 22 as the new heavens and the new earth which I will make shall remain before Me, so shall your descendants and your name remain. 23...All flesh shall come to worship before Me," says the LORD. [worship=response to revelation]

1Pt 1:7...the refining of your faith...may be found to praise, honor, and glory (to you) at the revelation of Jesus Christ 4:13,14;5:1,10

Questions for Reflection/Discussion/Response:
1. What's the point of prophecy? What did the HS want the original audience to do in response? What does he want a NT audience to do?
2. Why did Jesus have to die? Why does God forgive those who trust in Him? What do we have to believe to be born again? Jn 3:16 2Cor 5:21
3. How do you know you're trusting in God? What else do people hope/trust in for security & success? How do His will & your will correspond?
4. Will God bless everyone or only those who do His will? How do you know what God's will is? How do you know if you've done it?
5. Can you change the things in which you delight? The things you choose to do? How? What changes will please God now and when He returns? 

No comments:

Post a Comment