Prayer: God, You have been so gracious to me in redeeming, sanctifying, and blessing me;
may I be ever faithful to You, so I will look back to my time on this planet with no regrets. Amen.
Prayer: God, You are loyal to all Your promises; please give me strength to be loyal to all that I have promised. Amen.
- 28 Repentance is the result of rationally considering the consequences of our actions;
- 30a God judges His people, each according to his/her chosen ways, which we can change;
- 30b Repentance is something we can and need to do in order to avoid ruin;
- 31a We have the responsibility to cast away all our transgressors;
- 31b We have the responsibility to make ourselves a new heart (by writing/programming God's word into the value system we use to make our decisions; we do what we value);
- 31c We have the responsibility to make/fashion ourselves a new spirit (this is not the Holy Spirit, given in the future New Covenant but something God expects the original audience to do, involving a new way of relating to God, being submissive rather than rebellious. Again this is not the new covenant, where a new heart and spirit are given to Israel, but something God's people need to make (not get) for themselves. (See on the New Covenant in Jeremiah 31:31 and in the audio of Ezekiel's Greatest Hits Part 1);
- 31d Failure to consider, repent and renew (Rom 12:1-2), results in death (not getting tossed into the lake of fire, but cut off from blessing in the land for the original audience, and loss of dominion/rulership/glory for NT believers (See use of “life” and “death” in Deuteronomy, and the Survey of Rewards on Truthbase.net, and in the Q&A of the above mentioned audio for more about these covenantal terms).
Application: If we want to get the most out of this life and the next, we need to clean up our act and do what God has specified He requires, otherwise we'll face ruin.
Prayer: Lord, thanks that You are always faithful to rescue and redeem Your people; may You be my only source of hope. Amen.
Where to Go for More:
Ezekiel complete text