Question: What do you desire? For what do you tire yourself out?
Application: The wise person has changed their values and desires from a focus on the temporal to the eternal, because they know that “humility and fear of the Lord bring riches, honor and life” - Proverbs 22:4 (see last post)
Prayer: God of Truth, help me see things in the light of Your Truth, so I don't get deceived by the dainties of the day. Amen.
Ezekiel 36:6 "Therefore prophesy concerning the land of Israel, and say to the mountains, the hills, the rivers, and the valleys, 'Thus says the Lord GOD: "Behold, I have spoken in My jealousy and My fury, because you have borne the shame of the nations." 7 Therefore thus says the Lord GOD: "I have raised My hand in an oath that surely the nations that are around you shall bear their own shame.”
Obadiah 21 “Then saviors shall come to Mount Zion to judge the mountains of Esau, and the kingdom shall be Yahweh's.”
- 12 You were the sum of perfection, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty.
- 13a You were in Eden, the garden of God; every precious stone adorned you
- 13b You were the source of music??? (the Hebrew is difficult and uncertain; it could also be a reference to the settings of the gems)
- 14a You were the anointed cherub who covers (the fifth cherub, his sign is the pentagram)
- 14b You were on the holy mountain of God
- 14c You have walked up and down (lived) in the midst of the stones of fire (glory of throne)
- 15 You were perfect in your ways from the day that you were created, until unrighteousness was found in you (no original sin).
- 16a By the abundance of your trading you filled the midst of you with violence,
- 16b You have sinned: therefore I have cast you as common out of the mountain of God; and I have destroyed you, covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire.
- 17a Your heart was lifted up because of your beauty;
- 17b You have corrupted your wisdom by reason of your brightness/glory
- 17c I have cast you to the ground; I have laid you before kings, that they may see you.
- 18 By the multitude of your iniquities, in the unrighteousness of your traffic, you have profaned your sanctuaries; therefore I will (imperfect future) bring a fire from the midst of you; it will (prophetic perfect) devour you, and I will (imperfect future) turn you to ashes on the earth in the sight of all those who see you.
- 19 All those who know you among the peoples shall be astonished at you: you have become a horror, and you be no more. (This is the same fate as Tyre).
Ezekiel complete text