- 31 Behold, the days are coming, says Yahweh,
- that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
- 32 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they broke, although I was a husband to them, says Yahweh.
- 33 But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel
- after those days, says Yahweh:
- I will put my law in their inward parts,
- and in their heart will I write it;
- and I will be their God, and they shall be my people:
- 34 and they shall teach no more every man his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, Know Yahweh; for they shall all know me, from their least to their greatest, says Yahweh:
- for I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin will I remember no more.
- The new covenant will be with the regathered literal nation of Israel, not the Gentiles.
- It will occur after they are replanted back in the promised land.
- It will be unlike the Mosaic covenant which they broke, implying it won't be broken.
- It will be internalized; God's law (still in effect) will be written on their hearts.
- Israel will then live in covenantal loyalty with God; they will be exclusively His people.
- Everyone will know God, and there will be no need for teaching (nor DailyTruthbase.blog).
- God will forgive their iniquity.
- God will not “remember” their sin (hold it against them to prevent the relationship).
Isaiah 59:18 According to their deeds, accordingly he will repay, wrath to his adversaries, recompense to his enemies; to the islands he will repay recompense. 19 So shall they fear the name of Yahweh from the west, and his glory from the rising of the sun; for he will come as a rushing stream, which the breath of Yahweh drives. 20 "A Redeemer will come to Zion, and to those who turn from disobedience in Jacob," says Yahweh. 21 "As for me, this is my covenant with them," says Yahweh. "My Spirit who is on you, and my words which I have put in your mouth, shall not depart out of your mouth, nor out of the mouth of your seed, nor out of the mouth of your seed’s seed," says Yahweh, "from henceforth and forever." (cf. 2Cor 3:3)
33:17-26 God reaffirms the Davidic covenant (2Sam 7). The only thing that would cause the covenant promise to be broken is if there is no longer day or night (life on earth no longer exists).